Your safety during Covid-19
During the Covid-19 outbreak, your safety is my number one concern. For many, returning to face to face Pilates classes may be daunting. The following information sets out how I will be keeping classes Covid-safe, following government guidance and working with Bagshot Pavilion and St Francis, Camberley.
From 25th July 2020 the UK Government authorised indoor gyms could reopen, this includes the use of community centres and halls for fitness programmes.
I have undertaken a risk assessment for each of my venues and to keep everyone safe, the following safety measures will be in place:
Safety measures in place:
- Government guidance specifies that the maximum total occupancy of a venue is based on a floor area of 9 square metres per person. This figure is the net usable indoor space available to users, including the entrance, hallway, toilets as well as the main hall itself. Occupancy includes everyone in the building, including the instructor. Based on this guidance and for your safety, classes will be limited to 10 people at Bagshot Pavilion and 9 people at St Francis, plus myself.
- Within the main hall, mat areas will be marked out on the floor, allowing safe social distance between people. Please stay within your area for the duration of the class.
- If you arrive early, please wait in your car until 5 minutes before a class start time.
- Please enter the hall via the main entrance only. There is a one way system in place for entry and exit.
- Upon entry, as a safety precaution, please use the hand sanitiser provided on the table. The toilet is also available for use and for handwashing, one person at time.
- The door to the main hall will be propped open for you, please come straight in and choose a mat area, keeping a distance of 2 metres from others.
- After class has finished, you must exit by the fire doors to enable the one-way system. Please keep a distance of 2 metres from others as you leave.
- Doors and windows will be open for the duration of the class to enable ventilation throughout the class.
- As a safety precaution, you must bring your own mat.
- You must bring your own resistance band if you like to use one for the stretches at the end of class. I have bands for sale for £2 each if you’d like one.
- Please bring a plastic carrier bag to put your shoes in whilst taking part in the class. This is for everyone’s safety and a requirement of the venue.
- I will not be practicing ‘Hands-on’ corrections during classes and will demonstrate and teach from my own space.
- As always, please bring your own water with you.
- Face coverings are not required.
- There is a toilet available for use should you need it.
- I will provide anti-bac wipes if you need to use them for anything, as well as tissues.
- If you are feeling unwell in any way, please do not attend the class.
- If you develop any Covid symptoms within 2 weeks of attending a class, please inform me.
- You must book a class using the booking system, leaving your contact details; this is mandatory for NHS Track and Trace. Bookings can be made online by you or I can make a booking on your behalf, but I will need your name, email address and telephone number.